Candle Care

These candles have been extensively tested to maximise performance results, however please follow these guidelines for best results and to use safely:

  • Candle jars can get very hot, especially as the flame gets lower down the jar. 

  • Always place on a heat resistant surface and extinguish without picking up. The jar will cool quickly again after flame has been extinguished. 

  • Allow wax to melt all the way to the edge on the first burn, this should take approximately 3-4 hours. Extinguishing it sooner will make the wax form a ring and then it will only burn out as far out as far as the ring on subsequent burns, leaving wasted wax. 

  • After the first burn, it is important to trim your wick to around 5mm before lighting it again. If you don’t have a wick trimmer you can just use tissue paper and pinch it off. This is important because carbon can build up around the wick causing a “mushroom” appearance, if this is left on the wick it will affect scent, performance and potentially fall into the melt pool and extinguish the flame.

  • Please don’t burn for longer than 4 hours at a time.  

  • Never leave burning candles unattended or around unsupervised pets and children.

  • Avoid burning all the way to the bottom. Leaving half an inch of wax will reduce any chance of heat damage. 

These guidelines will help you maximise the performance of your candle and enjoy it safely.